About the Department of Learning and Instructional Sciences
Department of Learning and Instructional Sciences is anchored in an integrative conception of acquiring theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of learning, teaching and training: learning in innovative learning environments, professional learning, guidance and training, curriculum planning, and teaching of the discipline. Studies provide an academic, empirical and practical basis for working in formal and informal educational settings.
Students of the Department will acquire rich knowledge of teaching the discipline alongside a broad interdisciplinary perspective of teaching processes, designing and developing learning environments, training processes, and professional development. The Department integrates contents of teaching, learning and training with emphasis on the relationship between theory, research and practice, on innovative pedagogies, and on personal and professional development of educators.
The Department aims to train and develop educators, professional teachers and instructors with thorough academic knowledge in the various disciplines, a comprehensive social vision and commitment, as well as professional skills at a high level.
• Army veterans who wish to join the formal, informal and alternative education systems.
• Teachers and educators who wish to deepen their knowledge and abilities in the disciplines and in educational and social leading.
• Guides in formal and informal systems, guides in social organizations and associations, administrators of education departments and project coordinators who wish to explore their field and gain updated knowledge that will enable them to construct applicable projects in the field of education.
• Young people with creative thinking and an educational ideology interested in developing innovative curricula in formal, informal and alternative education.
• Professionals in the clinical profession who wish to develop professional training skills.
Uniqueness of the Department
• Faculty staff- researchers who are at the forefront of science, with extensive experience in learning, teaching and training.
• An innovative approach that creates a motivating and enjoyable learning experience.
• Theoretical learning alongside experiential training.
• Personal trial and training in teaching and training positions (practical group training).
• A multi-courses access- personal teaching and training courses, team training and training from a corporate perception.
• Learning in small groups.
Also, developing educational academic research in all disciplinary areas, while committing to a high level of contact with educational communities in Israel and abroad and creating a lively, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural educational discourse in order to develop learning materials and innovative teaching methods.